Digital Skills for Citizens” is basic internet training targeting certain groups in society including; people aged 45+, farming communities, small business owners, jobseekers, persons with disabilities, and disadvantaged groups. Currently, Digital Skills for Citizens training is being offered in libraries, community centres, training centres and primary schools around the country.
What is covered on the course?
- Introduction to the internet
- Internet safety & security
- Search engines and websites
- Online government services
- Conducting everyday transactions
- Online voice and video calls
- Use of “Apps”.
And a minimum of TWO topics from the following list:
- Specific government online services
- Social Media
- Video, TV and Radio
- Shopping online
- Instructional videos on YouTube
- Online banking, including the process and security safeguards
- Digital photography
- Revision of one or more of the topics under Programme A.
Course begins 29th January
Tuesday evenings 7-9.30pm
Duration: 4 weeks